So, what's Treetle?Treetle is a platform that lets anyone create location-specific interest networks. You Connect with people in your neighbourhood based on shared interests so you can together plan and Do things you like to do most.
Treetle is FREE to use.
How did you come up with the name?
Treetle is an amalgamation of "Tree" and "Assemble", symbolic of the old days when people gathered around the village square (which sometimes was a big banyan tree) after work to engage in activities they were interested in. This is at the core of what we're helping people do.
Sounds great, but say more
OK. Say you came back from a seaside vacation and have a newfound love for scuba diving. Or your childhood soccer buddies have moved away. Or you moved to a new city. Or you've slowly settled into a stable, routine life but now feel the urge for a little adventure.
What do you do?
Well, Treetle can help! The spectrum of neighborhood clubs one can find (or create) on Treetle is as wide as our users' interests are diverse. Sports, pastimes, volunteering, alumni clubs, professional clubs, workplace clubs - you'll find these and more on Treetle.
Want more reasons? Great, because here are the...
Top 10 reasons to join Treetle1. Doing things you love should be easy. So should finding people to do them with. Treetle helps you accomplish both
2. Connect with friends you didn't even know you had
3. Know the fun things people in your neighbourhood are doing
4. Learn and share. Someone in the group always has additional knowledge or complementary ideas
5. Try new things. Maybe uncover a hidden talent!
6. Volunteer for a good cause. Build good karma. Many not-for-profit organizations are already on Treetle
7. Hold events on a regular basis? No problem. Creating recurring events has never been easier
8. Started work at a new company? Join (or create) your company-specific clubs to meet colleagues outside your immediate team. Broaden your network.Integrate better
9. If you run your own interest-specific website, you will find that we are complementary and can give you a lot more visibility because Treetle is where people come to find out what's going on
10. Bravo Points. Treetle has a really cool way of letting people who attend events you organize show their appreciation for your hard work. It helps build your credibility on Treetle
Do I have to pay to sign up? Or create a club on Treetle?
Nope. Its one of several things that makes us truly different! When we launch our merchant module (for-profit merchants who want to use Treetle for commercial purposes), we will charge them a fee for the ability to engage their audiences in a much more interactive and meaningful way through Treetle. But otherwise, Treetle is completely FREE to use.
Great! How do I get started?
Easy as pie, in 2 simple steps:
1. Use Facebook or our Sign Up button to sign up
2. Actually, that's really it, if you sign up using Facebook. If you use traditional sign up, you will need to verify your email address